1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tropical Storm Fay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 15, 2008.

1. KG

KG Active Member

That kind of makes it scary when any of them are in the gulf.

While it was much further south, I was deep sea fishing in the gulf when Rita was coming through. I thought the boat ride alone was going to beat me to death, let alone the possibility of being thrown overboard and drowning.

2. Ugh. Seems we always get one right around this time of year, so I wouldn't be surprised for ol' Fay to make an appearance here.

3. KG

KG Active Member

I just get nervous when any of them roll through. I live near Atlanta, which is nowhere near the coast. Still, when Ivan came through, a pine tree fell through my house. I'm already not a big fan of storms when I don't have a basement to go to if it gets bad.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I could use the rain a gulf storm sometimes throws toward my back yard. Hopefully for those farther south, this will pretty much a nonevent, and the folks up my way can get a drought-buster.

5. KG

KG Active Member

It needs to go and sit on top of Lake Lanier for awhile.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

NOGAPS model took a hard swing to the left and has Fay aiming at the Flora-Bama. Other models have it anywhere from there to Myrtle Beach in five days.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Not close to the same thing.

This thing has been clipping land every step of the way.

Charley barreled through mostly open water before crashing Naples et al.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am sure it doesn't make him feel warm and tingly, either.

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Tampa's dodged bullets for a long time. Charley would have been devastating had it hit there. A lot of the same "won't happen" mindset that existed in N.O. is in effect in the area. I sure hope this thing doesn't pick up steam unexpectedly.

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Fuck.

I feel like Judge Reinhold in Stripes, when he tells Bill Murray, "I can't handle basic training again, man."

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

NOGAPS has the eye going right over Mobile Bay. That's a lot of piss-warm Gulf water to cross over, too.

Time to set sail, Lieutenant Dan.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Anyone in the Keys needs to leave NOW. That's only a two-lane road all the way to the mainland.

Draft saved Draft deleted