1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trolls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I like that ... a sliding scale. Sort of makes me seem like the NCAA.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Everyone knew who dye was long before the npd site was posted.

And boots, people were calling you a troll for acting like a troll. You were all over a ton of threads bitching about the anal romp thread and openly trying to get other threads locked.

That's trollish, to me anyway.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I guess I'd be guilty of that, too. I'd like to tell myself I would never out someone, because I've been outed. But if I were to get personal information on a handful of posters, I'd have a lot of trouble convincing myself not to out them.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And that's understandable. But you HAVEN'T done it.

Hell, if I knew for sure who one poster was, I would go out of my way to make his/her life a living hell. Sadly, I don't. So I can't. But it wouldn't be done on this board. And that's all, I think, that's being asked.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Whoa, boots ... good thing you're on the right end of my sliding scale. ;)

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I didn't know who DP was until I just signed up at newspagedesigner.com.

7. boots

boots New Member

I have never campaigned to get a thread locked until last night when my thread was locked and random thoughts went crazy.
    I enjoy the bantering. It breaks up the day, but generally speaking, we try to enjoy ourselves on the boards. We never try to hurt anyone. That's the truth.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Troll = someone who refers to himself, one person, as we.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So you weren't a troll until you were.

I'm cool with that.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Man, if we're going to debate trolls, maybe we better decide the REAL definition. Because what you two are talking about, I have never even considered as part of it.

Trolls break down good threads by coming in and sniping at people.

Trolls indulge in name-calling.

11. I'll admit that I went my first three months on here without calling anyone names and then recently resorted to name-calling once or twice, moron being the worst.

I'll be happy to stop but when someone keeps going on threads with the sole intention of getting the thread killed then maybe they should expect the negative attention being attached to him rather than create a thread to whine about it.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, mine was mostly a joke. I don't think boots is full-blooded troll, I just think he sometimes has troll tendencies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.