1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trolls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Actually, someone told me Dyepack's name. I haven't seen it posted anywhere on here by Shotglass. So I'm not sure where the outing occurred, even if Shotglass isn't above it.

The crap with Dyepack getting banned on other boards... Well, that's a matter of public record that I know at least several other people on here know about. It doesn't take a detective's license to have figured it out based on stuff he shared on here.

2. boots

boots New Member

Rags, we don't seek attention. We just speak what's on our mind. The romp thread was a truthful thread. It's my life. Whether you believe it or not, its your prerogative.
    I just don't like it when people, for whatever reason, get into the wolfpack mentality and try to beat up on anyone. NO ONE here, including those monitoring the thread, have all the answers.
    There's nothing wrong with debating. I just have a problem when the name calling comes in.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If you said "DyePack got banned on several other boards" and it's fact? Then who gives a shit?

My beef is with a thread linking to an npd.com page that listed DP's real name, and the pages of commentary that came after it.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A confession: I like to get trolls mad.

I think it's funny that they come on here looking to stir things up, but usually you can find some way to poke them just a little and get under their skin.

I think it's ironic when they get bent out of shape.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I must align behind Ace's outlook on it.

And if a serious tweak of DyePack is the worst thing I can be accused of on here, I'll gladly admit guilt. :)

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And I don't call names but I may change their name. Like Dyepack was sometimes Dyper and shotglas could easily be shitglass.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am working from memory, because I haven't looked at those pages in a while... But the main reasons people knew that was him was that he was sharing the same things about himself on there that he was here, and he was enough of a dick on here for a dozen people to start googling about him. It might have been the wenalway nonsense. If he didn't want people to make the link to him, he shouldn't have put it in his profile on here. And he shouldn't have used his real name elsewhere in conjunction with it.

This really isn't brain surgery. I just did a whois registration search for wenalway.com. It spit out his name, address and phone number. Did I out him by pointing that out or did he out himself by putting it in his profile?

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

HEY, buddy ... what can ACE be turned into? ;)

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Didn't Idaho out DyePack a long time ago?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It was just an example, Excrementjar. ;)

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I doubt he did to Vince Chiaramonte's degree...

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think you did, Ragu, but that's just me. Anyone can find out anyone on here if they try hard enough, at least those who don't really give a shit. But posting the information on here makes it an outing.

At least in my opinion. Not saying I'm the end-all, be-all here.

And Doc: Idaho nearly outed me once, and as soon as I wrote him and asked him to take it down, he did immediately and fell all over himself apologizing. Apparently, his belief in no-outing is much like shotglass': a sliding scale of who he likes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.