1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trolls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's not that important to me, personally. I'd be willing to bet a large chunk of the membership here knows who I am. How many Brook Jacoby fans are there?

But it's supposedly one thing that can get you banned. However, several on here have never faced that. I wonder why.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Maybe ... because the most illustrious victim deserved it?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This thread sure took an unexpected turn.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Says who, shotglass?

OK, so you hated him. I don't care. I hate a couple people on this board, who have done a LOT worse to me than anything that Dye ever did on here. So because YOU don't like him, YOU decide the rules don't apply to you or him anymore?

Seriously?

Actually, you're right. Because everything that's happened on this board supports you, whether it follows the rules or not.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah. Not all for the bad, though; it's a good debate. No name-calling! :)

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You're retarded, shotglass. :D

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

boots,

Since you are making yourself an issue, I feel justified in posting this... The problem for me is that you seem like an attention seeker on here. It's not the same as a troll. It can get old, but I can just ignore you 99 percent of the time, so it doesn't kill my enjoyment of the board the way someone like Dyepack did. There are lots of attention seekers on here, including me possibly, but something about the way you go about it does rub me wrong--even if it is ignorable. Maybe others disagree with me. Take it for what it's worth.

You hit my radar screen about a year and a half to two years ago. You'd post these two sentence topics that weren't very interesting. Say something obvious, offer nothing else, and think it was going to generate discussion. It was like you were reaching for idiotic topics to put your name next to a topic.

The threads would then sink down page one and you'd follow up with a second post following your original post to bump it up. You did it several times and I think I even said something about it. That was annoying.

You also refer to yourself in the third person in posts, as if there's any reason to be amused by you, and you constantly remind people how much everyone hates you, even though I don't see people attacking you all over the board. Again, just strikes me as made-up, get-some-attention drama.

Then there was your thread that finally did get you some attention. You got it by going over the top. I won't say much about it. At best, it was in poor taste. At worst--and the likely reality--is that it was 95 percent bullshit. That's fine. People took it for what it was and had some fun with it for a while. Still, no matter what the reality, it struck me as yet more attention seeking.

You keep asking. So I am being honest. Not asking you to go away or anything. Just being honest, and you might even enjoy the attention of someone devoting a post to you.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

IJAG, keep in mind that the Full Outie occurred over at newspagedesigner, not here. I don't recall his full name ever being released on here. Perhaps I missed something...

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You don't think linking to the page with his name on it, and everyone openly discussing who it was, constituted outing?

I received it in a PM long before it hit the board. It's still questionable, but at least it's not a wide-open posting of someone's identity. That thread was so far over the top...it was a bunch of people patting themselves on the back for laughing at someone. Congratulations.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

A further airing of grievances?

Another Festivus miracle!

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I sent you the PM ... but made a point of NOT making a thread on it. I won't say that I was disturbed to see the thread created.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I wasn't going to say who sent the PM. I know you didn't start the thread. It's why I said it was released both ways, and had obviously been traveling underground on this site for a couple days.

To me, it was one of the most blatant 'giving the finger to what this board is supposed to offer' that I've seen. And I've had serious personal information posted on this board by someone else before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.