1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trolls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

See, shotty, I thought if you could just get Dye off his soapbox, he was fine.

He started and finished as a complete troll, but there was a brief time when he talked about other things. Like the Bears.

Still, mostly a troll.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Little Bobby Wordhawk's resume follows him around. See newspagedesigner.com and Poynter, for two.

3. boots

boots New Member

Shot, you always give good convo. Even if I disagree, I don't consider what you say trollish. There are those who have accused me of being a troll. I say why? Is it because I speak my mind? Is it because I don't go with the pack?
    I understand and respect a difference of opinion. It's the name calling and the childish behavior that bothers me to no end. That more than anything leads to the double standards on this board.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't at all get you being called a troll, boots. I've never remotely thought that.

The most bothersome thing -- and this is something I wish everyone would read and keep in mind -- is that debates are great if you know how to debate. But you get kids or immature adults on here who think if you disagree with them on an issue, they have to denigrate you, your mom and your ancestry.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You know what I hate? Those who think outing rules don't apply to them.

And that's not just you. That's everyone on the thread that outed him, and all the moderators who didn't do shit about it.

Next time someone on here pisses me off, I'll just design a spiffy page ridiculing them with their real name, then post it and drop enough hints until 17 people post that it's that person. It's already been shown on this board that that's just fine.

The outing rule on here is bullshit, and you all know it.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, IJAG, that worked for me, too.

He was not worthy of the usual courtesies.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Shot, I understand why you'd weary of the "don't feed the trolls" mantra. But, having fed them in the past, I can't point to anything good that came from my having been sucked into a pointless exchange. It's a lose-lose situation, really. Ignoring the troll is unsatisfying and engaging the troll is also unsatisfying.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Was he told that? That the "no-outing" rule applied to everyone but him?

Sure, he was a dick on here a lot of the time. But the basic rule of this board, the one we all agree is supposed to be the most important, can not be applied in a willy-nilly fashion, and it's certainly not to be decided by the likes of non-Webmasters.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He has three of my pages posted on his message board. I guess I should be thankful; I know I've made it now.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Know what the difference is? I wouldn't know those were your pages.

Because he didn't out you.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Another example of a troll: a mindless lesbian reference in a Women's Final Four thread.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

IJAG, I'm just not going to come around on this. To me, rules changed with him. I'll never budge on it. And to be even more frank, the no-outing thing is a lot more important to you than it is to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.