1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trivial Blitz game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I caught the Holy Grail of four topics: Baseball jargon, Quentin Tarantino ..., NBA Championship teams, Winners of the NBA slam dunk contest and Bottled Water brands for the bonus. $9,750.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And a $4,425 after sweeping New York Pro Sports Teams.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Jesus Christ.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And yet I keep getting Titans, Fictional Horses and Hasbro Subsidiaries.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Got 6,475 with someone coming up behind me to tell me all the answers to the Rolling Stones Songs part.
    Now to go and see if I can get that myself

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I swept two categories: NBA Championship Teams and Baseball Jargon, and thanks to my lack of knowledge of Hasbro Subsidiaries, Quartz Varieties and Shakespeare Plays (which I exited with a few bucks) and Hitchcock movies for a bonus, I only collected $3,675.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My highest so far has been $3750...

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The only sports one I've gotten: New York pro teams and NBA champions. Obviously those were easy.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got the Lord of the Rings characters, and the only reason I got any of them was because of Clerks II.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I can't figure out what is the last pro sports team of New York!

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

12. digger

digger New Member

It is definitely addicting. I was able to run baseball jargon, baseball movies, star trek characters, tv sitcoms of the 80s, and tv spinoffs (all in different attempts). My best score so far is 5500 - the only bonus round I completed was brady bunch actors.(what a looser).

The fact that so many categories repeat doesn't help me, because I just keep picking the wrong answer. Damn you, Apocolypse Now!

My strategy with categories I know nothing about - Quartz knockoffs? - is to try to find one I know, then guess it up at least to 100 before picking that one.

By the way, by the categories I've run, can you tell I watch a lot of tv?

Draft saved Draft deleted