1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trivial Blitz game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 31, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.joytube.com/trivial-blitz-2/">
    Here's another time-wasting game. You get a category and, on a board that looks like a Jeopardy board, you have 16 items. You try to pick the 11 items that fit the category without getting one wrong. The more you get, the more "money" you get. Once you get one wrong, it's own to the next category. If you know the category, it's easy. If you don't, it's a guessing game.</a>

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Ran one category, Baseball Jargon. Did ok in First Lady First Names.

Bonus category was Egyptian Pharoahs of the 15th Century (or something like that).

Ended up with $2025.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Addicting. But if I get "Stringed instruments" one more time, I'm gonna barf.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

With the help of my 9-year-old running the Pokemon category, I got $3,300.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I got all the Computer Animated films if that counts. All the baseball movies, too.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why can't I get those categories.
    I get stuck with categories like Beauty & the Beast characters, medical equipment, marsupials, drummers, Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeers.
    and the categories I should do good in (Grammy Song of the Year winners, Slam Dunk Contest winners), I crap out on after 7 correct and get the Blitz.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Got Seinfeld characters, U.S. states bordering Canada, Actors who played fictional U.S. Presidents and one other that I can't remember. Ended up with $5,550.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This must be a pretty wide-ranging game because I haven't seen some of these categories y'all are mentioning.

I've seen that damn Pokemon Characters category more than I care to, tho.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

4175, thanks to the last two questions being NBA champs and World Cup champs.. got all but one of hte nba, and all of the world cup.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Damn, this game is addicting...

$6,475... and I'm really, Really, REALLY tired of getting Robert Frost poems, Red Hot Chili Peppers singles, Titans (and not the CS Fullerton types) and Quentin Tarantino characters.

Oh, and WTF is "Egyptian Pharoahs of the Fourth Dynasty" doing here? Are you kidding?

WW I battles, Heisman winners, FIFA World Cup Champions, Brady Bunch and Shakespeare plays have come to the rescue. I ran all five of those. ;D

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Thank God for LOTR characters and Santa's reindeer. That is all.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

$4,225, with facial hair, artists on "MTV Unplugged," some others and bottled waters in the bonus round.

Draft saved Draft deleted