1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trivia time, baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 30, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

No offense, Devil, but on an infield fly that is not caught you do put on your scorecard the number of the fielder who was most likely to catch the ball.
    So, once again, you are full of shit.

And the way you describe the play (that probably never happened, that's why it's called an urban legend), mostly likely the pop up was hit near the shortstop -- how else could the runner from first pass the runner retreating to second?
    Therefore, the shortstop gets credit for an unassisted triple play!
    And as buck-dub said, rules are not flexible, interpretations are.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And that's the beauty of trivia. The answer often is an obscure guy. In this case, that applies. He also has another trivial fact in his background that might make him unique to active MLB players.

3. Don't want to get into an argument here, so I won't. But I think Heinekin Man gets the prize for getting it right. That seems to have gotten overlooked.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

All this question was meant to be was a fun trivia that would make you think about the rules of baseball. Instead it went into a bitch fest about how the question was worded and the rules of baseball.

Do any of you guys come here to laugh or mess around, or is it just looking for ways to bitch at people?

Hopefully you smile at least a couple of times during the day, because right now, I'm thinking of a bunch of pissed off guys that are cynical about everything around them.

This was just a trivia question. It was not a debate on how to keep a scorecard.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I smile after I'm done jerking off, if that makes you feel better. ;)

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Zeke just made me laugh.

7. 93Devil

thank god, I don't even want to know what I look like after I do...

It was just a fun question...

do I dare ask what athelete has been part of the most winning games in his or her career?

I am going to try and not piss anyone off with the way I phrase the question.

The athlete's team won the game. He/she won. Regular season and post season as a professional.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Rickey Henderson.

Wait, that's wrong.

Pete Rose?

9. 93Devil

Pete Rose, good job

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Here's one for you, 93. Actually has happened and has been on tests they give officials:

During a hockey game, a slapshot strikes the post, breaking the puck exactly down the middle. Half goes in the net, half into the corner.

What's the proper ruling?

11. 93Devil

My last one...

What came first, Jackie Robinson playing for the Dodgers or Rosa Parks and the school bus seating refusal?

By how many years?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Jackie by 8 years and a few months

Draft saved Draft deleted