1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trick or treat etiquette?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Nov 1, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You had 14 and 15 year olds coming by? Damn. Here we had to stop trick or treating when we were 12. Now, no one gives a rat's ass how old you are.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Had about 47 groups come to our door, by my wife's count. 47!

Even the older kids, clearly in HS, had good costumes, so I don't mind giving them candy.

One girl was not a day over 11 and she was wearing, I kid you not, a slutty cheerleader costume w/ thigh-highs with the name "Player" across the front and the number, drum roll please, 69 on the back. Good heavens!

What pisses me off are the parents who come to the door in costumes w/ their kids, and expect candy. I guess I don't mind if they're holding a toddler, but I had at least 4 women expecting candy for themselves.

Oh, and the worst part? The one tricked-out MILF with implants came to the door while I was grilling hot dogs! Dammit!

3. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I was out with my 3 year old and there was a group of 14-15 year olds, about 5 of them, following us from house to house. ONe of the girls had a slutty nurse outfit and the other was a slutty vampire. Now, when I was 15 I would be ALL FOR THIS! But, I had to tell them to find their own way because I didnt want people to think I was letting my three year old hanging with these rave kids. I know they were following us because people were telling them they were too old and not giving them candy and just figured people wouldnt say no to my little skeleton, who was very cute. Anyhow, slutty or not, they had to go.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I can't believe parents would let those kids wear costumes like that.......

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]
    How'd the costume go over?

6. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

That was good! I actually have a Unibomber logo with my face superimposed that I use as a sig for my fantasy teams ... here it is...

[​IMG]

7. A lot of kids that trick or treat in my area (a rich area...I live in an apartment, of course) come from the inner city to trick or treat. Doesn't bother me though because they are kids...and it's their parents taking them to these neighborhoods. Why punish the kids?

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I had to bus in from the country, so I can empathize with these kids. If you live in a popular neighborhood load up on supplies and suck it up for one day of the year. (By the way, what's the deal with this 2 days of trick-or-treating? I never heard of that before.)

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Honestly, the only time I'm sad I live downtown in an apartment is on Halloween. I love the kids and the costumes.

Draft saved Draft deleted