1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tribute to "the who" on vh-1 classic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jul 17, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

changed the thread title to make it clear. great tribute, great performances. can't wait to see the entire show. didn't tune in until jack black/tenacious d were doing "squeezebox."

now pearl jam doing "reign o'er me." tremendous. eddie vedder rules. what a voice.

2. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Re: jack black/tenacious d

This is not the greatest thread in the world.

No.

This is just a tribute.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well played.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Never really understood the cult obsession with Tenacious D, but "Fuck Her Gently" was, admittedly, pretty damn good.

5. Re: jack black/tenacious d

Watching Pearl Jam now on Tivo. Reign O'er Me was awesome. Never much liked the second song, but at least PJ plays it better than the Who.

6. Re: jack black/tenacious d

I just watched this whole show and it was pretty freaking incredible - better than most music awards shows. Pearl Jam, Flaming Lips and the Who were all great. Adam Sandler was fucking brilliant.

Too bad the thread title refers to the part of the show I fast-forwarded through. The rest of the program was great.

7. Boognish

Boognish Member

The documentary VH1 played last night (at least that's when I saw it) was fantastic. Pete Townsend is the man.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

My friend and I can sing that, harmonies and all, and have accidentally started singing it in some very inappropriate places. :D

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Also love the one where he's going through the Drive Thru.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

FIXED!!!

again, i wreak of fail.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

According to Page 6 of today's NY Post (I know, I know), Pete and Roger have it in their contracts that they will not speak to each other during the upcoming tour, and must have hotel rooms far away from each other.

http://tiny.cc/0hUUd

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw Pearl Jam in a small theater in about 1994 where they played their own stuff for about 90 minutes and then played Neil Young and Who covers for another hour. It was incredible.

Draft saved Draft deleted