1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tribune suspends use of Journatic

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Jul 13, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Friday news dump from the Trib. Yeah, they're really disappointing in an entity they thought so much of previously that they invested in them.

Sure. They must me shocked.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I didn't see that coming.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

So, Tribune, will you rehire all those journalists you bounced to go with Journatic?

Naa. Didn't think so.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You mean watching the game in Manila on WGN isn't the same as being there?

5. biggy0125

biggy0125 Member

You mean to tell me the guy making $6 to write the post in question wasn't taking the time to make sure that he was living up to the "lofty" journalism standards of the Tribune company? Get out!

6. biggy0125

biggy0125 Member

Seriously though, piss on an electric fence and call me shocked.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If the moon was made of BBQ spare ribs, would you eat it?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You get what you pay for.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Editor resigned, in part because Journatic owners refused to consider "quality" in product in any way over the efficiency of delivery.

<i>“I pushed for the company to consider writing and copy editing quality when determining pay and promotion. Both founders responded with new plans to focus on production efficiency metrics while ignoring methods to promote work quality and pride.”

http://jimromenesko.com/2012/07/13/chicago-tribune-suspends-use-of-journatic/

Get used to this kind of response from more and more American companies. <i>Nope, we're good. We're going to continue to do what we do, make whatever money we can, and dare people to blackball us.</i>

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Pretty certain Journatic has ripped us off at least once. Maybe twice.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Remember, that's pronounced JOUR-na-tic, as in "lunatic". Because only a crazy person would attach themselves to this disaster.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Rajneesh and Jugdesh are crushed.

Draft saved Draft deleted