1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tribune poaches Vaughn McClure from S-T?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SilvioDante, Jul 27, 2007.

1. SilvioDante

SilvioDante Member

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Supposed to be lead Bears guy. David Haugh apparently the new NFL beat guy, replacing Don Pierson, who applied for the buyout in the recent round, was refused, and quit.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Hate to hear that about Pierson. I always enjoyed his NFL coverage.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Pierson always has been one of the best, and is a nicer guy than he is a pro's pro.

5. kfowler1

kfowler1 New Member

If Avani got her promotion, and David's now the NFL beat and Vaughn left the S-T for the Tribune, who the heck from Chicago is going to be covering Notre Dame basketball/football? The last two years it's been be Avani and Haugh pinch hitting for the Tribune and Vaughn for the S-T. Anyone know?

6. SilvioDante

SilvioDante Member

Will it matter when they're 1-7?

Actually, I think Brian Hamilton's been doing ND stuff during the summer for the Tribune. S-T is anyone's guess - maybe they'll finally pull the trigger on one of the young guns at the suburban papers.

I will say with 99.9 percent certainty, though, that we won't be seeing anything on the APSE job board, however.

7. SilvioDante

SilvioDante Member

And, no, I'm not one of them!

Draft saved Draft deleted