1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tribune Company

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ChrisMaza, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

The Tribune company has a ton of job openings in Connecticut on careerbuilder right now. While none of them are sports, I'm looking for anything right now and was wondering if anyone has any insight on this company?
    Thanks

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Insight into the company? It's in fucking bankruptcy, run by troll and his cronies from a perch in Chicago only to be dismantled by its creditors and the federal government.
    That do it for you?

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

that about sums it up.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Other than that, it's great.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You forgot about the part where sexual harrassment is allowed even if it's against the law because it's says so in the employee handbook.

6. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I know eight people who have worked for Tribune in the last five years.

Six of them have been laid off.

So the job security's tremendous. You won't have to worry about that at all.

7. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Terrific. Thanks for talking me down off the ledge.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I love that this thread tried to start things open-minded, as if it could go either way. Like "I have a chance to buy an old nuclear waste storage facility and convert it to a day-care center. Anybody have thoughts?"

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you are in Connecticut now and looking for a job, it can't hurt, though.

As bad a shape as Tribune Company is in right now, I can't say that other newspaper/media companies are shining examples of job security and financial solvency.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Tribune is the worst of them all. But it's still a job in newspapers, and if that's what you love, you'd at least consider applying.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

In the same way, I think, that mopping up the stalls at a peep show still qualifies as a job in show business.

Draft saved Draft deleted