1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trib writer Terry Armour dies

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chi City 81, Dec 28, 2007.

1. long_snapper

long_snapper Member

He was a great guy. I knew him when he worked at a rival paper in Va. I came to Chicago on assignment and he showed me and a colleague around town. Everywhere he went, people knew him. He loved Chicago and it loved him back.

RIP, Terry

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Along those lines, there is a guestbook you can sign and offer condolences and memories of Terry.

It's at 17 pages and counting.

http://www.legacy.com/ChicagoTribune/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=100327158

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed, that's the part that really got to me. RIP.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Sounds like a helluva guy.
    Into everything, but undeniably legit.

Condolences to the family and his wide circle of friends.

5. JerryMicco

JerryMicco Member

Terry Armour was a young, up-and-coming journalist who had just been hired at the Daily Press in Newport News when I came on board as AME/Sports there in 1989. He was an absolute joy to be around. He always had a good word and made you laugh. We had a tremendous relationship. Even when he would make those errors young reporters tend to make, it was hard to chew him out. Because he was, well, he was Terry. This is devastating news. I've been out of the office and out of touch since Christmas Day due to the passing of my father-in-law that day. Dave Teel just sent me an email about this and I read the obit here. May you rest in peace Terry and may you keep the angels in Heaven laughing just as you did all of us. You will be missed.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Was Terry any relation to Nancy Armour, AP writer out of Chicago?

7. Kellams

Kellams New Member

Hi there. For those of you interested, the link below has details on the services for Terry. I didn't know him well but the few encounters I had with him certainly match those expressed by others. I wish I would have known him better.

Mike

-----

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-hed_armour_01_bothjan01,0,5053478.story

Draft saved Draft deleted