1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trib Top 50 Magazines: ESPN #5, SI left out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lugnuts, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

It might have some interesting things to say, but putting ESPN mag so high and leaving off SI entirely makes it lose all credibility.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Vogue Knitting? Are u kiddin me!?!!??!
    That's where it loses all credibility

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Newspapers simply do not have the resources to put together a list like this with any authority.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dopey.

A women's section, so of course half the 'winners' are for women. Put The Economist at the top so no one notices.  Lucky? Domino? Conceive, Twins, all the cooking mags....

Lincoln Lore?  SI lost to Lincoln Lore??

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

No Stuff? ARE YOU FRIGGEN KIDDING ME???

God, I mean I understand dissin' Maxim, but Stuff? Ditto on SI for Kids. Buzz Beemer is probably PISSED right about now.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Esquire but not GQ? Esquire only became good when it modeled itself after GQ.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

LUCKY?

Gag me.

This list has been an embarassment to the Trib, for years.   The Trib's editor is Lost . . . In . . . Space.

No wonder the company wants to ramp up the debt, to discourage outside investors from swooping down and
    offing the Clowns in Charge.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Any top 50 list without D-Cup and Soldier of Fortune is one that is at least two items short.

By the way, Luggie, you (obliquely) get a mention at No. 36.

10. Sly

Sly Active Member

GQ has been crap for the past couple of years.

And I don't understand the Trib's fascination with Blender. That magazine was ranked in the Top 10 in last year's ranking as well. It's People Magazine for the music scene.

11. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

I love Blender. And it is like People for the music scene... that's why I love it.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Q and Mojo are light years ahead of Spin and Blender.

Draft saved Draft deleted