1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trib Editorial on Cubs Coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Aug 25, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Didn't see this posted: Dan McGrath on the longtime perception of biased Cubs coverage while the Tribune owned the team.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-23-mcgrath-cubs-chicago-aug23,0,7565681.story

Will be interested to see if the coverage changes at all.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I am not surprised Sox fans would feel the Trib slanted their coverage.

I am surprised that Sox fans can read.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I had someone read it to me.

4. :D :D :D

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pallister screamed and doesn't know why....

6. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Anybody who lives in Chicago knows that the Cubs own that city and the Sox are second fiddle. Always have been and always will. Hell, even when the Sox won the series a few years back they were still the second team in town. Kind of like the Clippers and Lakers in LA.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Correction: the Bears own the city. The Cubs just lease it.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Uh, no. In addition to the loop going Sox-mad, and both papers serving up daily fellations of Ozzie, I swear most casual Cubs fans jumped on the Sox bandwagon in October. I remember making the mistake of going to the M.A.C. counter at Marshall Field's during one of the World Series games and couldn't get any service because the sales girls were huddled around the radio, listening to the Sox.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Another miraculous byproduct of media work: Every news outlet treats your team like shit; every other team gets treated like golden boys.

And, somehow, the media manages to do that to EVERY team.

We bend space and time in ways that would blow Einstein's mind.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Normally, I would agree. But all you have to do is glance at the Tribune to see that the Sox are second fiddle to the Cubs.

And I don't care about either team.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Sox also have fewer fans than the Cubs.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That's because of the inadequate coverage in local papers. If they had better coverage, they'd have more fans. Plus, all their kids would get scholarships.

Draft saved Draft deleted