1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trey Hillman Back To NYY Minor League System (Sorta)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hillman is the new manager in Kansas City. Currently he's leading the best Japanese League team ever, the Nippon Ham Fighters, to their version of the World Series. Hillman spent a dozen years managing in the Yankees farm system before. Some would argue he's going back there once again. At least some people get the historical reference, right?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Flying Headbutt

I knew Buck would get the reference.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've never heard of Trey Hillman and I have no idea what either moddybutt or buckdub are talking about, but that is not abnormal.

5. Flying Headbutt

For years the joke was that the Kansas City A's, and then the Royals, were basically another farm system for the Yankees. Guys like Roger Maris and Lou Pineilla would get good with those teams, and then be traded to the Yankees for some washed up vet with great intangibles and 20-100 vision.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

OK, I have heard about that and have a vague understanding of that. Thanks for explaining.
    I still don't know who Trey Hillman is, is he really the new manager of the Royals?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not all of us are deskers buck, some of us had to drive way to far to watch a blowout of a high school football game tonight. That is why I come to SJ, so I don't have to read the news.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, I saw this around 4 p.m., but saw it was mentioned in one of the Torre threads, although vaguely, so I didn't post it.

I think with this guy, the Royals are a lock to win at least 72 games next year.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh. Point taken by me. I figured it happened this evening.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

At least the Royals can thank the Yankees for Dick Howser and a World Series season.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Old is a matter of perspective...

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think I'm younger than you, so it should seem really old to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted