1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trev Alberts, athletics director

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Someone get Aron Bailey some stickum.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The real question is: Why the fuck didn't Tobin give his mailman neighbor tickets to the games?

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I always laugh at Tobin's response. It's just classic.

4. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

As a colts fan, i just kicked at air, thinking there was a dog there. too bad i don't own a dog. thanks!

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Best hope of a mediocre lot, Inks. Even with his utter lack of experience, he's an immediate upgrade from the past two yahoos in that he might actually leave the office once and a while.

If UNO has even a lick of sense left (assuming Nancy Belck didn't pocket that, too, as she left town), they'll get started on the move to D-I post haste.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ironically, Harbaugh had a better career than either Shuler or Dilfer. And the Colts got a chance to draft a true franchise QB four years later, which they probably would not have had they followed Kiper's advice.

Just one more reason I tuned him out long ago.

7. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Even Florida International thinks the hiring of Alberts is to grab national attention.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

?

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I know housing is relatively inexpensive in Indianapolis, but you wondered what the postman delivered for a living if he could afford a place next to Bill Tobin.

10. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

That never made sense to me either. Kind of like Joe Biden going in a Home Depot.

Back to the point, Trev should be at least entertaining. Even if he and NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper aren't bosom buddies.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

University of

No

Opportunity

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Slow your roll there, QB.

Draft saved Draft deleted