1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tressel and Ohio State could be in trouble

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

There's no embarassing the NCAA.

The seediest bordellos are class joints, compared to these craven whores.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

To me the biggest thing here is they let the players play in the Sugar Bowl. The first thing they should do is be required to send the trophy to Arkansas and give every cent they made off the game to St. Jude or Shirners hospitals or something. After that, put the slap down in the Vest.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The NCAA was more than happy to let the Buckeyes play in the Sugar Bowl. After all, the bowl officials begged for it and there was money to be made.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah and now the chickens have come home to roost

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

As long as Tressell goes 11-2 and is in a BCS game on a regular basis, the NCAA ain't going to touch his ass with any sort of real punishment.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Someone named Clay Travis wrote yesterday:
    I love that the 12 man Yahoo Sports department is more effective at uncovering major violations than the entire NCAA.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That may be the first intelligent thing Clay Travis has written this decade.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"Innocent until proven Bruce Pearl..."

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/silence/archives/2011/03/train_tressel_p.shtml

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I disagree.

They could have suspended all five of those guys for the Sugar Bowl and Ryan Mallett still would have thrown a program-killing pick to lose it.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

People keep saying this, but didn't they hammer USC?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes. Alabama too.

As for the Death Penalty, that will never happen.

Baylor only got "half" a death penalty in hoops for the Dave Bliss stuff. That right there tells you that the NCAA doesn't want to use that punishment again.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tressel and the OSU officials flat out lied to the NCAA (I read Tressel signed an affidavit in June saying no known violations). They lied damm*t!! The NCAA neekds to get Jeff Novitsky on the case, stat, then the case can be resolved sometime in 2016 when Tressel is retired.

Draft saved Draft deleted