1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trentonian - Unpaid sports internship

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Wonderlic, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm afraid that if he dies, he'll come back as the antichrist.

2. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

This is a terrific opportunity for someone. In two weeks, you'll likely be designing the back page.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That isn't such an analomy for single-copy-sales-driven papers. Look at The Washington Times or the Boston Herald.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I wish all jobs were unpaid and just for credit. Id have a doctorate by now.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid. god damned solid.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

[​IMG]

7. What about Deb?

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

If by some way, some how, you manage to apply for the job - and get it - look out.

I know a few guys who work there. Not only are they likely not happy people, they annoy the hell out of me.

9. This is a great job for somebody. 10 weeks of slave labor will no convince them to go to another profession.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no. i'll use a towel.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

- Bob Jelenic stepped down as JRC chief a few months ago

- In the summertime the Trentonian covers the District Little League tournament (first step on the road to Williamsport) as if it was Major League Baseball. They also cover the hell out of the 10-and-11-year-old District baseball tournaments, the 10 and 12 year old District Softball Tournaments, the 13, 14, and 15 year old District Babe Ruth Baseball Tournaments (first step on the road to their World Series) and American Legion Baseball. (then again, the crosstown rival Times covers the hell out of most of those tournaments as well). During that time period (June 2- Aug 8 ) there is next to no college sports going on - unless its the college world series - Div.1 or 3 - or in early August previews; the only local sports going on is high school state tournaments and the above mentioned tournaments; and do you really think they're going to send an unpaid college intern to cover pro sports?

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But if you look at their advertising they boast over 100,000 daily readers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.