1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trenton mayor's lackey accuses Trentonian reporter of break-in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is just another part of the recently elected mayor's war on the Trentonian.

Gusciora should probably sack the guy.

Deputy Mayor Yoshi Manale, who serves as Trenton Mayor Reed Gusciora’s chief of staff, alleged his offices had been burglarized and named Avilucea as a possible suspect, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation.

When Manale reported to work Dec. 21, his office door was open and he discovered some of his documents and business cards had been left on the floor, police said Friday in their news release.

Items on the chief of staff’s desk “appeared to have been moved” in addition to paperwork being misplaced, according to the Trenton Police Department, which conducted an “extensive investigation into the suspected entry” to get to the bottom of what happened at Manale’s office.

<snip>

“Obviously I was always firmly convinced of my own innocence because I knew I didn’t and wouldn’t commit a crime in pursuit of a story or for any reason,” Avilucea said Friday in a statement, “but I am glad that is no longer an open question with members of the public who may have read that story and questioned my integrity. Now the question becomes why Mr. Manale allegedly threw my name into the mix in the first place. Was it a diversion tactic to divert attention from the administration’s failures? Was it an intentional ploy to sully my reputation?”

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trenton Makes, the World Takes

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Somewhere amidst the flames, Bob smiles.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Ever since watching Street Fight I know New Jersey politics is not something I would want to engage in.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have friends who are very involved in Essex County politics. The shit which Sharpe James got away with is unreal.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I would think a reporter is smart enough to both use gloves and lock the door behind them.

Draft saved Draft deleted