1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Lott and talk radio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jun 15, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

He may be stuck on the Strom Thurmond comment.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And some of the other groups he associated with over the years as well. I won't go so far as to say he's a white supremacist. He's not that dumb. But he's pretty accepting of those who are.

3. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

The only reason nobody brings up lefty talk radio is no one listens to it. If anyone actually listened to it, they would know it is just as vapid as the folks FB hates.

Lott is digging himself a deeper hole with his rabid support for this crap bill.

4. It's not just the "Strom Thurmond comment," although that was pretty damn heinous. It was the involvement of almost the entire Southern end of the Republican leadership with the Council of Conservative Citizens, which is a direct descendant of the White Citizens Council, who were white supremacists. They played power games with this stuff for two decades. Now the forces they unleashed they can;t control any more. Forgive me, if I'm less than sympathetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted