1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Green traded to Dolphins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Jimmy Pips

Jimmy Pips Member

What's with the knocks on Brodie Croyle? If he hadn't gotten murdered behind Alabama's offensive line, or lack thereof, he probably would have been a first round pick the year he came out. I'd give odds on him ending up a better pro than, say, John Beck.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's funny

3. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I don't know. When a guy falls that far in the draft, surely there are reasons. A number of teams seemed to have trouble with the accuracy of Quinn's arm and Miami seems to feel that's where Beck excels.

4. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Not to mention that he had to deal with FOUR coaching changes during his time there (recruited by Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula). He put up good numbers on teams that were usually run-oriented. I'm a little biased because I know him and his family pretty well, but I think Croyle will be a capable pro.

5. WS

WS Member

a lot of people just hate Alabama/Saban, even though Croyle didn't play for Saban. That's the knock on Brodie Croyle

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Warren Sapp . . .

Dan Marino . . .

There are reasons, all right.

Most of them bad.

Quinn may very well be a bust or just mediocre. But there have been MANY worse quarterbacks taken higher.

I would love to see a study of how much --- if any --- all this intricate 21st century scouting and combine nonsense has really added to the accuracy of gauging first-round talent correctly.

From Johnny Unitas to Joe Montana to Tom Brady . . . it seems every bit the crapshoot today that it was 50 years ago.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Front seven is as good as anyone.

Back four? Not so much.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Is that why Montana was taken in the third round?

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Zero arm strength is gonna zap you in the draft every time.

Hard to hang the hat on "I just know he has the intangibles to win four SBs."

Draft saved Draft deleted