1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Green is still out.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Chiefs went with Huard today. Green may be he lucky one in that he will not have to play under Herms non offense.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: Trent Greene is still out.

It's "Green," not "Greene." Just saying.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Change this thread title to "I (already) hate Herm Edwards", and it will get much more traffic.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Herm should've allowed Huard a little more leeway late in the game, but the game-plan was executed fairly well. You have a suddenly shitty offensive line, a quarterback who hasn't started in six years, everybody in creation knows what you're going to do, and Denver still needs overtime to win. I'm fucking pissed that they lost, but Herm can't hold on to the goddamn football like Larry Johnson should've.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Thanks - beene taken care of

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not a problem. Because you know if I didn't say it, Whitlock would stroll around this thread and start to work his corners, laying his pimp hand down like he does on Herm. ::)

7. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Herm Edwards has this uncanny ability to make good teams average and average teams bad and yet he gets a pass on all of it. I really don't understand why some people think he is a good head coach, he is horrible at time management and doesn't have a clue as how to run a offense.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

So he should've trotted out five wide receivers and let Huard run a no-huddle against the Broncos? Please. Nobody, not even me (and I'm an unashamed Chiefs homer) expected that game to be remotely close. The game plan made sense. It was like taking a spork to a howitzer fight and nearly winning. The game plan was solid.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Is Boom channeling his inner COCKDIAN?

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I do think the game plan in principle was a good one however it did not seem to make adjustments or diversify the attack at all. Larry Johnson is a beast but really you need to take a few shots down the field otherwise you are going to have 8 men in the box all game and no running back in the history of the NFL can consistently beat that.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

No, his inner indiansnetwork.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You haven't been around long enough to know Boom can never spell. COCKDIAN can spell on occasion; he just doesn't know how to use punctuation. It's probably a case of COCKDIAN channeling his inner Boom.

Draft saved Draft deleted