1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Green is out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Sep 10, 2006.

1. rolling

rolling Member

Never seen a Chiefs offense play like that? Did you watch the Chiefs under Marty in the 90s?

The defense looked solid, for the most part. They were on the field most of the game. Hard to stay sharp when you aren't getting any rest.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Creole and Crippler,

I don't know if you're Chiefs fans or not, but nine months ago today I had similar feelings about another apparent "cheap shot."

I didn't see the hit live. I first heard about it when I read the AP recap, which used the term helmet to helmet contact. Replays showed that was not correct. Geathers was going down, but he was pushed by Kennison, which made the contact worse than what it would have been because Geathers was not in control of his body. It looked more like his shoulder pad hitting Green's helmet.

Just because a QB gets injured, it doesn't mean it's a cheap shot, a deliberate hit or a 15-yard penalty.

Yeah, it sucks when a star player goes down, but that's sports. I was just like you nine months ago, but looking back a few days later, I realized I was wrong. Hopefully, you'll realize that too once your emotions wear off.

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Awesome, BYH. Simply awesome.

Oh, and I'll add this, 'The NFL's not gonna cancel the season, last time I checked.' [/Herm Edwards in the media room]

'Whatever happens this season, it's not my fault. My quarterback got hurt.' [Herm Edwards in the hallway]

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Oh, there's NO doubt about that. They can be. And the NFL is playing UP the fantasy angle... just so everyone's aware, the fantasy thing was pure sarcasm. Ya, he's on my team... but right when he went down I went "oh, shit" and then "I sure hope he's OK... not for my team, but for himself."

Thankfully, it looks like Trent will be OK, no thanks to that offensive line. I know it was just one game, but it looks like Kyle Turley shoulda stayed retired.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I could see where you were coming from, wasn't trying to pick on you, but that line was perfect for an introduction to my mini-rant :)

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I remember being at Arrowhead Stadium when the Steelers whipped the Chiefs 27-3 in 1992, when Rod Woodson did the Tomahawk Chop to mock what few fans remained in the fourth quarter that day. Awesome game for a Steelers fan.

7. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

paging slappy: now's the time to add Brodie Croyle to your fantasy team

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Is it weird that the same day Trent Green goes down that Kurt Warner has a big game again?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not really. Kurt Warner completed 27 of 39 passes for 285 yards and three touchdowns last Nov. 20, when Trent Green also threw for three touchdowns. Then on Nov. 27, Warner threw for 315 yards and two touchdowns on the same day Green threw for 323 yards and one touchdown.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's not weird that the same day Trent Green goes down that Kurt Warner has a big game again, because it (Warner having a big game) happened two times last season. Just so happened that Green didn't get hurt either time.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

When is Warner getting traded to the Chiefs?

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Hack, I'm not saying Geathers hit Green intentionally. But the rules clearly state that when a QB begins his feet-first slide, he's off limits to hit. The replay shows that just after Green left his feet, Geathers began his lunge at Green. Then, Kennison may have given Geathers a slight shove in the back. Geathers was hitting Green with or without Kennison. Kennison may or may not have made it worse, but the bottom line is, the referees really fucked that play up. How was that a clean hit? Again, I am convinced Geathers was not trying to hurt Green. But he did, and Green is damn lucky to be walking out of the hospital. And again, the referees say that hit was clean?

Draft saved Draft deleted