1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Green is out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The B is for Better.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

How about the thought the Herm has no clue how to protect his QB.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

But Columbo, Herm had NOTHING to do with that!! That was *lowers voice* Carl Peterson! What can Herm do when he has nothing to work with?

Hey Carl, bet you think you and Herm are tight. So did Terry Bradway.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

This is the NUMBER ONE reason why I hate fantasy football.

steveu, I know you redeemed yourself later in your post and showed some heart, but how many fantasy football players across the country collectively gasped when Green went down not because of the hit or the carted-off-on-a-stretcher situation, but because "there goes my fantasy team"? Sickening.

I used to say that fantasy sports were like horseracing, but after seeing the love that Barbaro got, I think fantasy sports are worse.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That's a 'Lock.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

CC, you should have been listening to the Chiefs guys on radio. The sideline reporter, Bob Gretz, starting bitching on air later during the game when KC was called for too many defensive players on the field. Apparently, Gretz didn't realize that this is Herm Edwards we're talking about here in re: game and clock management.

I have disagree with the notion that if they had Roaf back, today's debacle would have not have happened. They still have Shields, Wiegmann (from Aplington-Parkersburg), and Turley after a two-year layoff. It would have happened with Roaf in there regardless. Whatever Herm did to that offense is going to have some head scratching throughout the year. I have never seen a Chiefs offense play like that: getting whipped all over Arrowhead.

Oh, BTW, the defense still stinks to high hell. Nice job, Guenther.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Where's Brian Waters?

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Mr. Volek, the Chiefs are on line 3.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Whitlock might suggest Jeff George in a column this week.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nah. If Trent is out for an extended period of time, get used to seeing this fleet of foot guy operating behind that great o-line:

[​IMG]

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Spare me. Watch the replay again. Geathers was already going at Green, and considering how small Kennison is in comparison, he didn't alter Geathers' hit that much. No way Kennison could have made that much of an impact.

And I thought the referees are out to protect players? At the very least a 15-yard penalty should have been called as a warning. I mean, two plays earlier, Samie Parker is called for offensive PI for doing nothing more than any receiver does on any play, yet Green takes a nasty shot to his head, and it's deemed 100 percent clean?

Green's lucky he didn't suffer paralysis. And had he, again, the referees are saying that play was clean. Unintentional? Probably. But clumsiness/unintentional stuff is a penalty too. Shit, pitchers get tossed out of baseball games all the time for "throwing at" a batter when the pitcher more likely was not. At a local soccer game last week, a girl was given a red card for instinctively putting her hands to her face when a point blank shot - headed goal bound - was ready to take her head off. Shit happens. Unintentional stuff results in shit. That doesn't make it fair or clean. That guy should have penalized, and he deserved a hefty fine from the league. Believe me Eddie Kennison didn't have that much of an impact on that play.

12. I'll freely admit that I gasped when Green went down because he's on my fantasy team. I don't feel bad about that at all. In fact, I really don't see the difference between that reaction and the reaction from a Chiefs fan who thinks "oh shit, there goes our playoff chances" before thinking "God, I hope he's OK." They're both cold-hearted reactions to a commodity rather than the health of a human being.

Draft saved Draft deleted