1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trent Green is out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Sep 10, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it could be career-ending. it was scary

honestly, though, i thought he and geathers committed at the same time

he'd run twice without sliding on that drive

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

That's easy for you to say, he's on my damn fantasy team...

Now, on a much more serious note... you're right. I can always go out and get another QB, the Chiefs are facing a much more serious situation. Will Trent return?? If so, when, and will he be the same? His health comes first.

My thoughts are with the Chiefs as they go through this difficult situation.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I heard something on tv that it was just a concussion and that he's fine.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

So... someone tell me when he is healthy enough for rips on Herman Edwards to resume.

Thanks.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

you can go ahead and start that now. you never had to stop.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Uh, the replay clearly showed Geathers was blocked into Green by Kennison. The refs didn't screw anything up there, CC.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If Herman Edwards had anything to do with that play, by all means. Otherwise, Herm might deserve his own thread or on the running NFL thread. That's how we've treated Herm in the past, anyway.

8. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Who is the first KC writer to ring up Willie Roaf this week to talk about coming out of retirement? Cause the line needs him.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Thank God. I heard that too.

He's probably going to need a little Excedrin on Monday.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He would have to get Roaf to hang up the phone with Carl Peterson first.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh, this will end up being all about Herm.

When the Chiefs fall apart--and they will--he'll start holding his little "off the record" meetings in the hallways outside the Chiefs conference room just to let people know that he's doing the best he can but look at this! His backup QB was Damon Huard. How could anyone win with Damon Huard? And the offensive line, how awful is that? Look, Herm is a wonderful man who walks on water and whose tears could cure AIDS if he'd only cry. But no one could have done better than 4-12 or 5-11 or 3-13 or whatever the Chiefs end up.

And those who are supposed to be working the corners and administering the pimp slap will lap it up.

The Chiefs were going to suck this year whether or not Green stayed healthy. They downgraded the line and tremendously downgraded their coach. This just hastens the inevitable.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep.

Feel for Green, but hate seeing Herm being handed another QB alibi this year . . . again!

Draft saved Draft deleted