1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Treme

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Finally caught up with Season One in toto over the weekend.

Aside from the occasional Simon heavy-handedness . . . this show's sheer joy, for anyone with any feelings for NOLA, whatsoever. The critics who gave it the backs of their hands were -- and are -- morons.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, tonight was the best episode of the year by far. The Melissa Leo storyline isn't really going anywhere, but otherwise very compelling TV.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Failure is not an option! I shouldn't post before I'm fully awake.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Melissa Leo absolutely crushed the scene with Sofia outside of the juvi hall.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You know, I have been watching every episode. Not in a "must see" Sunday way, but in a "I'll get to it sometime during the week" way. I like the show, but I am not completely taken with it the way I was with The Wire (I know, I know, they are different, blah blah blah).

That Melissa Leo scene with Sofia outside the jail was the first thing on that show that completely got me. I was misty!

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Me too, Ragu. It's clear her Oscar was no fluke. She's got some crazy chops.

The show has moved a little slow this season, but I'll watch every week simply for the music, and because I've become totally invested in these characters.

7. HeinekenMan

I'm with Ragu. I haven't looked forward to the show as much as I did during the first season. It has its moments, but I liked it much more when it was about the aftermath of Katrina. Right now, it seems like more of a general show about people who live in the Treme district. I care about the characters, but I'm looking for more of a plot.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have to say that I've really enjoyed this season, but it is strange that it is ending next week. None of the stories are reaching a natural conclusion, or even a milestone, with the possible exception of the release of the record from Davis. I like spending an hour with the people but a little more closure at times would be nice.

I'm not in love with the Janette storyline or the Abreu investigation (both of which have been well acted), but the rest of the season has been great.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Is "treme" French for trim? 8)

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'm with you on those two. The Janette storyline just seems like they're using it to get facetime for famous chefs and food critics. It's not going anywhere. The Abreu investigation is meh.

It is hard to believe that it's going to end next week. Lots of loose ends.

11. HeinekenMan

I have been watching, but this season hasn't had the same feel for me. I hope the finale changes my mind.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe another hurricane will hit.

Draft saved Draft deleted