1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tree falls, killing deputy during funeral procession for fellow deputy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Is it too soon to ask if it made a sound?

3. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

A sportswriter's wife was killed in a plane crash going to her brother's funeral after he had been killed in a plane crash.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Unlike the hellbound above me, I'll just say that's incalculably horrible.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes. All of that.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Tony DeMarco, formerly of the FW Star-Telegram, was working at the Denver Post when his wife was killed in the referenced plane crash. Happened about 10 years ago. Heart breaking.

7. That is awful ... New Orleans is just a cursed place ... love the city but the strangest, most tragic shit happens there ... even before Katrina.

8. Big Game

Big Game Member

Horrible.
    Reading about tragedies like this is why I got into SPORTS journalism. Every night, I peruse the news wire and come away with a story that lingers with me for a while.

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

When I lived in California, a women's two children were run over at a bus stop (one died) and the women died in a car wreck rushing to the hospital after being notified. Sadness compounded, just like the link.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a thread once about two brothers who died in separate motorcycle accidents on the same highway within a few hours of each other?

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Yep, happened about 90 minutes north of Pittsburgh, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_465039.html

However, when I googled, there was one in Maine too this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted