1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

treatment for groin pulls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Nov 28, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i mentioned on the 'crossed giblets' thread that i badly injured that area pre-meal. it's improved slightly every day, which i expected, but still prevents much movement -- not that i move all that much anyway.

but while hlping me wash up, little man shockey reported a red area on my right hip we've been mobitoring -- a potential bed sore i'm nipping in the bud -- isn't nearly as, um, colorful as the inside of my left thigh. a lovely blend or red, black and blue. i iced on and off the first 48 hours an have gone to a heating pad since. other than that, all i know to do is rest and wait.

anyone have any other suggestions?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Paging Doc Talk............................................

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Aleve. That's what usually works for me.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I had one back in my football-playing days. Painful little buggers. I had to stretch several times a day. Don't know you're ability, but try to sit butterfly style and push down on your knees.

But my groin was. Ever black and blue. Might want to get that checked out

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Stop pulling on it?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Amputation.

Or......you could take Redenbacher's advice.......of course, he's used to giving them, not receiving them.

7. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Painkiller + Physical Therapy + Time = Healing

Draft saved Draft deleted