1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travis Johnson = Idiot of the Century

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh I think he will. Goodell will take care of business.

P.S. But I also think he should get suspended as well.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Only a complete idiot would say otherwise (and no, that is not directed at you, it's just a general statement).

Next up: Chuck argues oxygen is essential to life.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Kubiak wasn't happy with Johnson's post-game comments. It'll be interesting to see if the Texans add on to any punishment from Goodell.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Virtually everyone who played football at any level has been taken out in a blind hit at the knees. Not too hard to imagine getting upset about that happening and letting emotions carry you away

Maybe he could have shown some compassion to the unconsious player laying on the ground. But taunting him on the field and again in the locker room was pathetic.

My guess is his emotions got the best of him on the field, and his ignorance of the situation brought out the worst of him in the locker room.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If Johnson gets suspended, Green should be suspended. Green threw the cheap shot, Johnson yelled.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

But Green's block was legal (though possibly cheep) by NFL rules.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It perhaps looked cheap, but practically every game you see a QB or or WR try and hit a defensive front seven player low like that.

Because it was right at his knee, perhaps Johnson has a complaint, but that being said, Johnson is one classless individual.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Cheap shot? Please. The NFL is 60 minutes of guys going for, and getting, kill shots. I am assuming Green didn't come from behind. Why the F is Green's "cheap" while the other kill shots administered weekly are okay?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I have a feeling Green is on lifetime suspension.

Because some shots are dirty. And some are just JACKED UP!!!!!

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I thought Unsilent Majority had an interesting, though angry and emotional, take on the situation over at KSK.

If the situation was reversed, say if there was a pick and Johnson cut Green's knee like that, people would be going absolutely nuts, wanting Johnson to be burned alive. Green is a douche. The hit is legal only because no one gives enough of a crap about defensive lineman to get the rule changed. On the other hand, you can't blow a snot rocket on a quarterback without getting a $25,000 fine. Green's explanation (in txt msgs frm!) to Peter King was bullshit too. "How am I supposed to block him? He weighs 300 pounds?" Here is my response: If the only way you can block him is to chop his knee like that, you shouldn't be blocking him. It's a stupid play and you're too much of an old man to be attempting it.

Here's Unsilent Majority's take:

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/10/trent-greens-signature-rollout-part-i.html

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Explain again, in less than 200 words, why Green is a "pussy" for the block?

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well, for starters, he put his helmet directly into Johnson's knee. And he did it while Johnson's head was turned, which gives him no chance at all to avoid the blow and take himself out of the play. You want to put yourself in harm's way on a reverse, a misdirection or and end-around if you're a quarterback? Be my guest. But just like you can't chop a d-lineman as a running back when he has no chance to defend himself or avoid the injury (tied up with an o-lineman), you do it above the waist. Be a man, and put your fucking shoulder into a guy's chest, especially if he can't see you coming. Can't do it without getting hurt? Don't make the block. Those kind of hits can completely destroy someone's knee or leg. Johnson's lucky his leg wasn't broken, must less blown out.

Draft saved Draft deleted