1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travis Henry: STILL the dumbest m-fer on the planet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jul 11, 2008.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Hadley Englehard is a real person. Trust me on this. Met him a few years back at a postgame tailgate in Lot 1, where he was getting stupid drunk doing shots out of a bowling ball. He ripped a Willis McGahee sign off the front of the bar, then started bragging how he was Travis Henry's agent and they were going to make the Bills fucking PAY for benching him.

A friend who worked for the team back then had Travis' number stored on his cell, so he quietly called and told TH, "Hey, there's some dumbass out here who claims he's your agent." He described the guy, and Travis said yeah, that sounded like him. Went home that night and Googled the name, and yup, it was the same guy.

He and Travis work well together. ;D

Edit: fixed the first link.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Do I actually have to register for your damn site to see those pics? Jerk! :D

That's some hilarious info. Sounds like a perfect marriage. Odds one or more of Travis' kids was birthed by the agent's wife or sister?

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Crap, didn't think of that -- it's not my site, although I do keep a membership there. Just the first one, right? I'll be back ...

Here ya go:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Does Travis Henry really beat out Odell Thurman?

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Depends. How many kids does Odell have?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap, that is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Just one - but he makes up for it in sheer volume of suspensions. He hasn't played a game since 2005 and just tested positive again, a few weeks after being reinstated.

A WNBA salary only goes so far when it comes to raising a family these days.

8. SigR

SigR Member

As for his lawyer's name, at the end of Life Aquatic, there is an acknowledgement that Steve Zissou is a prominent new york litigator and that the naming was coincidental. I'd bet a large milkshake that Henry has never seen a Wes Anderson movie.

As for the marijuana positive: when is this country going to pull its head out of its ass and stop ruining people's lives. I'm fucking sick of it. He may not be a model citizen, but smoking marijuana should not be grounds for suspension, neither should it be against the law.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sean Kemp v. Travis Henry... discuss...

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a story ...

I was in New York a couple of weeks ago, and took the Yankee Stadium tour. As we got ready to walk from the monument park down the warning track to the dugout, we were reminded several times not to walk onto the grass. About 6,000 people take the stadium tour every day, our guide explained, and if all of them walked onto the grass, well, you get the picture.

Anyway, as we walked from the bullpen gate to the dugout, we heard, no less than six times, various staff members shout "please don't walk on the grass!" as someone absent-mindedly strayed that way. I wondered how someone could be so dumb when they had been told not 30 seconds ago not to do something, but then it hit me — we were in a group of about 50, and the law of averages dictates that at least one or two of those people would be just plain stupid.

The same goes for NFL players. No matter how much you'd think they'd develop a bit of worldliness by having been to college and having been in the public eye for so long, some of them are just dumb.

Guys like Travis Henry and Pacman Jones are like those people who walked on the Yankee Stadium grass after they'd just been told not to — they're dumb and they can't help it.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Who's more ignorant: Travis Henry for obvious reasons or Mike Shanahan for being arrogant enough to think he could change him when no one else could?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dont know if I'd call Shanahan ignorant for this. Coaches try this all the time; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it rains.

Draft saved Draft deleted