1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travis Barker critically injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Sep 20, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Small plane crash in Columbia, S.C. Developments being reported on TV. 4 dead, 2 injured. DJ AM also said to be aboard.

2. newgrad2008

newgrad2008 New Member

AP news alert says Barker and DJ AM are in a burn unit in Augusta, Georgia. Both reportedly critical.

The story says there were 6 people on board and 4 died. Not good odds if that includes the pilots/crew.

3. dmc

dmc Guest

Can you tell some of us who they are?

4. newgrad2008

newgrad2008 New Member

Travis Barker was the drummer of Blink 182.

DJ AM dated Nicole Ritchie. He's also known as Adam Goldstein.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Perry Farrell and Gavin Degraw (sp?) also performed at the concert and may have been aboard the plane.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gavin was not on the plane, according to his father in the Times Herald-Record:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080920/NEWS/80920003

Neither was Perry Ferrell, according to TMZ (based on no source):

http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/20/perry-farrell-safe/

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That's one way to get rid of those tattoos.

I hope they pull through.

8. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Can't say I'm familiar with either of their work, but my thoughts and prayers are with them and those who died.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

Isn't he the one who knocked her up?

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

No, that was Joel Madden of Good Charlotte.

DJ AM is a former drug addict (crack, maybe?). He also used to weigh like 300 lbs. I think he had gastric bypass or lap band surgery.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

How much do you have to eat to be a 300-lb crack addict??

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yeah, as I was typing that, I was struck by how bizarre that was. Maybe he got fat after he kicked. I just thought that was weird stuff. Despite his public persona and being with Nicole Richie during the "height" of her fame, he's supposedly a pretty private guy.

Anyway, being in a plane crash is one of my biggest fears, so I really hope he and Travis pull through this. Travis Barker kinda scares me, but he came off as a good dad in that horrible "Meet the Barkers" show.

Draft saved Draft deleted