1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Traveling With A Baby. Question.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Your friend forgot one thing. Eat, sleep, poop ... and CRY.

I've got to be honest. The fact that you're even considering something like that tells me you have no idea what's about to hit you. ;D

Starting at about the 2-3 week mark, your sleep deprivation is so profound... The last place you want to be is behind the wheel of a car for an extended period of time.

And how do you plan on feeding the baby? They eat every 90 minutes - 2 hours in the beginning.

Where will the baby sleep when you're "on the road"? It's hard enough trying to get them to sleep in a crib, pack-n-play or bassinet at home. Hell, it's hard enough trying to get them into a routine so that they know the difference between day and night.

Will your friends/relatives have all the baby supplies at their houses?

What about the newborn weekly (or in some cases twice weekly) well-baby visits to the pediatrician for weight checks, etc.? You can't miss those.

In short, Pete, you're crazy. ;D

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if all these responses have Pete curled up in the fetal position yet. :)

Just remember that immortal exchange...

"I'm not afraid."
    "You will be.....you will be."

Draft saved Draft deleted