1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Traveling article (interested in quotes from sports journalists)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mw2828, May 25, 2012.

1. mw2828

mw2828 New Member

Hello,

My name is Matt Waters. I am a journalist currently writing for the website breakthruradio.com. We are assigned articles based on weekly themes, and the theme for next week is ‘travel.’ I have a tiny bit of experience in sports journalism, covering the Jets as an intern for a couple of years when I was in college (I wrote for jetsinsider.com) For the week’s piece, I came up with this idea of asking travelers to contribute one paragraph, writing about their philosophy of home, and how their transient experiences have impacted that definition of home. I am hoping to put together an interesting cross-section of perspectives. When I came up with this concept, I thought immediately that sports journalists (columnists or beat-writers) would probably possess a great deal of insight about this topic. If anyone is interested in participating, send me an email: Matt.Waters28@gmail.com

I would really appreciate the paragraph by Sunday or Monday, if anyone would like to participate. Here’s a link to an article of mine on breakthru, if anyone is interested about the site:

http://breakthruradio.com/#/post/?blog=72&post=12390

thanks for your time!

Draft saved Draft deleted