1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel question re Heathrow, London

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of the friendless, Sep 23, 2009.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

My friend has an eight-hour plus stop-over at London Heathrow on Saturday a.m. Other than slashing her wrists, does anyone have a suggestion? She asked if it would be worthwhile grabbing a cab and taking a spin to kill time. Traffic shouldn't be at its worst. What can you do in about four hours or so leaving and returning to Heathrow? All I've ever had is awful stop-overs there. Used to go to London, my mother's homemetropolis, every summer as a kid but she doesn't have friends or family there.

o-<

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Rather than taking a cab and risking traffic issues, your friend should hop on the Heathrow Express and be in central London in less than a half hour. I can't remember if the HEX goes into Victoria or another station. It's quick, has frequent departures and is cheaper than a cab.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

HEX goes into Paddington Station; Gatwick Express goes into Victoria

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs,

Thank you for this.

From what I recall, you had to take out a second mortgage to take a cab anywhere there.

o-<

Draft saved Draft deleted