1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel help (Seattle-Vegas-Vancouver)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jul 1, 2008.

1. A great sushi place i went to in seattle was called dragonfish. it's at the corner of pike street and 4th if i'm not mistaken.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It's at Seventh and Pine, just east of Pacific Place shopping center. And the food is good, but service is typically average at best. Go during happy hour -- going other times can get awfully expensive.

3. Thanks for correcting me on the location. When I went, we had pretty good service. Wish I had enough time to go back again while I was there.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I would highly recommend a drive to Mount St. Helen's. It's amazing the destruction you can still see and it's been like 20 some odd years.

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

DanOregon said what I wanted to say: Lion's Gate Bridge and Stanley Park.
    Vancouver might be the neatest place in North America.

6. joe

joe Active Member

It's been 28 years and change since Helen blew her top. 1980 it was.

7. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

So, I'm in the process of trying to find a hotel in Vancouver for a night. I have my request from my friend it's "Something downtown or has direct access to their transit system".

Any suggestions...?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your looking at a lot of money.

Depending on what your looking for I would suggest the Rosedale on Robson or the Hampton inn and Suites

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Big thumbs up on the Rosedale. It's my go-to Vancouver hotel.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've stayed at the Sylvia Hotel in Vanouver a couple of times. Right on English Bay beside Stanley Park. Some of the rooms are pretty small but it has a nice European feel. It was built in the early 1900's.

Draft saved Draft deleted