1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel help (Seattle-Vegas-Vancouver)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jul 1, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Or if you live in the state of Washington, the enhanced driver's license.

2. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Thanks for the tips. Wow, I had no idea the airport slots were so horrible. I think slots are pretty horrible in general but I was excited about playing them just because I've never been to Vegas before, but now I guess I won't. Good thing to know.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The bonus video poker at McCarran pays only 6 on full houses, and 5 on flushes.
    Very bad business. Very bad.

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Do they just have like nickel or quarter slots for someone who just wants to kill time?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Absolutely. Many, many.

6. Seattle: Elliot Bay Bookstore, Pike's Place, Kerry Park up in Queen Anne (best views of Seattle), Wild Ginger restaurant, Quinn's gastropub in Capital Hill (fantastic take on traditional pub fare), Bainbridge Island and Gasworks Park.

7. If you wanted to take a bit of a drive, I would consider going up to Mt. Ranier. Fucking awesome. Being from florida, it was the first time I ever saw snow. Just completely bizarre to me seeing it in the middle of june. Also, pike's place was pretty awesome. apparently, the ferry there is awesome. joe is right. go look up some of moddy's thread from the seattle outing and you will get some awesome suggestions.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Anytime I hear the words "airport slots" I have to mention winning $1000 in the Reno airport many years ago. It can be done. I just wouldn't sit there for more than 10 minutes waiting for it (which is sound advice for slots anywhere, but yes especially so the airport).

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

A pet peeve: It's Pike Place Market. Not Pike's Place Market. Not Pike Street Market.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you only have a day in Vancouver you need to drive over the Lions Gate Bridge, hit the lookout at Stanley Park, Yaletown is cool, love The Yale for blues, but I also like Steamworks down in the Gastown area with the steam clock, and Dix Barbecue near BC Place.

11. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

BBQ in Canada? I'm from Texas![/hick redneck voice]

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you hit the Yale for Blues go next door for some Canadian Ballet at the Cecil.
    Library Square or Shark Club is a good place to grab a beer and they are close to BC Place

Draft saved Draft deleted