1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel Channel TV shows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Man vs. Food rules. The guy is very engaging, the show is well-planned, and some of the stuff he pulls off is amazing. The 72-ounce steak (plus baked potato, salad, bread, etc.) in half an hour? That's insane.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dhani Jones' show is very good.

And Samantha Brown has been, at times, on my list of five. I bet she's naughty.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I can't get enough of the Travel Channel.

Bourdain is the tits. Man vs. Food is very good, but like someone else said, the host kinda gets on my nerves. He tries to act smart when he describes the food, but he always says the same thing. "The [insert flavor here] really offsets the [insert opposite flavor here] and gives it great balance." Same shit every show, but I still dig the concept.

I've seen only one episode of the Dhani Jones show and it was decent. I'll watch it again.

I need to google Samantha Brown. Never seen her.

Edit: Brown is very cute. Not hot, but very cute. What kind of show does she host? I'm tired and too lazy to look it up.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There. Samantha Brown. Soooooooooooo annoying.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We watch Bourdain every week and Dhani Jones has been added to our DVR.

I always thought a sports-themed travel show would kick ass and Jones' has potential. Anybody remember the Drew Carey show centered around the last World Cup? I liked that too and I'm not a soccer guy.

Samantha Brown's shows are good too. 30 minute an episode is enough though. I also wish Globe Trekker would come out with some new stuff instead of repackaging their old footage.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I got through about 30 seconds of that. Good lord that was boring. She wasn't as much annoying as the whole thing (the 30 seconds I watched, anyway) was boring. Cute, though.

7. sostartled

sostartled Member

and a shrimp cocktail

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Makes smoking cool again.
    But is he smoking Immodium?

Draft saved Draft deleted