1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel advisory

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, May 29, 2007.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Not sure about Midway, but a lot of hotels around O'Hare have "Park and Fly" packages.. you pay a certain amount to stay the night and it includes a week or two of parking.. I did this at a Super 8 near O'Hare about a year and a half ago and it was about $100.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Wife travels for business. She is more anal-retentive than me, a lot more. Still problems no matter how much she plans. Comes home late last night looking ready to kill. Fucking kids behind her kicked her seat all trip. It's hell no matter what you do. Unless you do what I do, pop one of my wife's Ambiens just before takeoff and it's dreamland for the rest of the trip. Why she won't do this herself, I don't know.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

bydesign, i don't know what airport you work at but HURRY THE FUCK UP. i've been waiting half an hour for my fucking luggage already. ;D ;) (i'm kidding)

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Or, about eight beers.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Apparently, we're installing a new luggage system in Atlanta to speed up the process.

and IJAG, I know what you mean about the terminal. But Delta has redone their side and it looks really nice now. At least that area.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Still have the fucking singing sinks?

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I don't know, but the MARTA station at five points have automatic toilets that play music and talk to you. A weird experience

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

.... what the hell does a toilet say to you, that's even remotely appropriate, when you're droppin' a duece?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thanks for dropping by?

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Maybe an R.Kelly song at the urinal.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Up until recently, you could apparently get some sexual gratification at the restrooms near the MARTA station at the airport in Atlanta. Seems the men's room was a hot spot for hide the sausage hookups.

http://www.airportbiz.com/web/online/Airport-News/Airport-Chief-Warns--Sex-in-the-Stalls-Unwelcome/4$12153

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

IMO it's because there is no defined "line" once you are at a kiosk.

People in line assume once they reach the front, they will be attended to.

Once you have checked in at a kiosk, you are in no-man's land. You're out of line and have to count on one of the people behind the desk finding you and attaching the sticker to your bag.

Of course, they always do find you. But at those crazy holiday times when all hell seems to be breaking loose, it can be pretty unsettling to be standing there out of line hoping someone will see the "BTExpress/LAX-ORD" sticker and come out and look for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted