1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel advisory

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, May 29, 2007.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Ask which direction Mecca is so you can say your prayers.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's so wrong, but so funny.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Travel light, be patient. Security is a pain in the ass but necessary.

I go on a solo trip, get there a little later than normal and security is a zoo. Takes forever, I barely make it to the gate on time. I'm fairly anal, so I hate that shit.

Couple weeks later, I'm traveling with The Queen and she hates to be rushed (and hates to be early). But I'm rushing because I just know security is going to be a zoo.
    So we get there early, there's ONE person ahead of us in security and we're at the gate WAY ahead of time. Icy couple of hours, let me tell you.

Fly JetBlue, despite the February mess ups. Can't beat the DirecTV and XM in every seat.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I laughed.

Moddy: My upcoming trip with The Future sounds like it could be the "Couple weeks later" trip you described. I'll want to get there early, but I'll have to rush The Future to get out on time ... and she won't like that.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No guns or knives.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

How 'bout bomb-making equipment?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Use my trick. Tell her your 11 a.m. flight leaves at 10.

Use the self serve kiosk and it will cut down some check in time. I can't believe how many people choose to wait in those lines when there are kiosks available.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Also, I ordered tickets online through Southwest.com.
    I got an e-mail verifying the purchase and it contained a confirmation number. Should I be expecting hard-copy tickets?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No.

You can print off your own ticket (at least that's how it works with Air Canada/Westjet up here)

10. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Make sure you go on southwest.com exactly 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave and check in. This will pretty much assure you are in the first group to board the plane.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The places I've been, the kiosks are right in front by the check-in people. So you have to wait in line anyway. Only once have they been back behind the lines, at which point I was all over it.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Yeah, I was just looking at the confirmation e-mail and noticed a link that said, "Click here 24-hours before arriving to check in." Thanks for the tip.

Another question for anyone who has flown out of Midway (because I haven't had a chance to call about it yet) ... if you stay at one of the hotels near Midway, will they let you park at the hotel while you're on your trip? I'd prefer to take the hotel shuttle to the airport and leave my car at the hotel instead of paying some insane amount of money to park near the airport.

Draft saved Draft deleted