1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel advisory

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, May 29, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

BD, tell your coworkers I'm sorry about that extra 200 pounds I had a couple years ago.

Oh, and good luck with your new gig, man. It sounds fun.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hear those bankrupt airlines treat their employees better than the profit-making newspapers.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I saw that episode. Pretty impressive.

Before a trip I always pack what I want to take, then get rid of about half. More often than not, I never miss the stuff I tossed.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I do my part by never flying.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude, between the shoes, the makeup, the hair curler, the hair straightener, the day clothes, the evening clothes...it's not easy!

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Packing less is a lesson I definitely learned when I went to Europe last year for the Winter Olympics in Italy and to other places, too. I had weather issues to deal with, but I easily could have left some stuff back home.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

I am an underpacker and my wife is an overpacker. I will never forget our first trip back east to visit our parents, where there was a washing machine and a dryer. I wanted to pack on the weekend before we were going, and she said not to worry, she would pack.

I can back from work that day, took one look, and said we were going for a couple of weeks, we weren't moving back there.

Unless you are going to a remote jungle, there will be stores wherever you are going so if you forget something, you can buy it.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Most of my road trips are drive trips.

So I pack what the fuck I want.

Which is oftentimes too much.

But my lacrosse sticks come in handy on the road. It's fucking hot down here in the South. I tend to sweat. As Det. Crockett once said, "You gotta go with the heat, Rico."

Now, a plane trip, that's different.

Well, no it isn't.

I pack too much on those, too.

But those TSA Nazis only allow two bags. So I adjust.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When did the weight limit drop to 40 pounds, I thought it was 50?

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Slappy, the weight limit is 50 before you pay extra. We ask for just 40 to save on us and, of all things. fuel. The less weight, the less fuel we burn to get you somewhere.

And no, Agate, you can't blame me. If you changed from PBI to PNS in mid trip, then it's on you. We're lucky to get the stuff where it's supposed to go in the first place right. Just imagine how tough it is when you change stuff up.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm hoping he meant planes, not plans. I don't think anyone changes plans in Atlanta, unless it's to kill themselves in that airport.

"We don't have 1/3 as many seats as we need, our main terminal looks like Bosnia with refugees splayed everywhere, but hey, look! Singing sinks in the women's restroom!"

I hate connecting in ATL.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm going to be a rookie commerical flyer this summer.
    What's your No. 1 rule for flying to make boarding easy?

Draft saved Draft deleted