1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel advice requested ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Take them to the Jersey Shore.
    I recommend Ocean City, but Cape May is also cool.

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I would highly recommend Puerto Rico, but if your folks have arthritis I would limit the time they spent in Old San Juan. I called it the French Quarter with hills. Lots of cobblestoned streets, uneven sidewalks and a hefty climb/descent to the forts.

But the resort where my wife and I stayed was gorgeous. Very relaxing, beautiful beaches, and the rain forest is right there. We rented a car for the whole two-plus weeks, but they could also take a shuttle from the airport and just rent a car as needed.

There are places on the island you want to avoid, especially in the San Juan area, but overall we loved PR and would go back tomorrow if we could.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Delaware Shores? I used to go to Rehobeth and Ocean City, MD with my wife when I was back East. Not the most worldly but beautiful water and beaches (I'd still pick Hawaii though if you can get them in the plane.)

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Hawaii's a long flight from a lot of places.
    I'm not knocking it. I love Hawaii, but it's a long flight.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

If you do end up picking Isle of Palms, let me know. I've been there about 20+ times, and I would recommend it to anyone, but especially in this scenario with your parents. I've got plenty of recommendations, etc... Love it, love it, love it...

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

How are the hookers?

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The boys are good, the girls not so much. But there are plenty of dolphins.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I meant, alive or dead? But if you're a regular, I can guess.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why would there be hookers at the Isle of Palms? People go there to keep to themselves

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The Wild Dunes golf course if a sea of hookers.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This thread got me thinking about aging and how some people hit their 60's and are pretty much done and others lead thriving lives well into their 80's. You look at random people like Pope Francis at 76, Jack McKeon at 83, T Boone Pickens at 85 still living life to it's fullest.Certainly health plays a role but I also think a lot has to do with attitude.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Inky, you're evil for even suggesting this.

Draft saved Draft deleted