1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Travel advice: Don't go there

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, May 21, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been to Fresno, and ... wait, you're right. Smells like manure.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Traveled to 50 states and over 40 countries. Would visit any one of them again.

There's something good to be found everywhere, and you can learn something anywhere.

The only bad trip I've had recently was to a beach where the sun shines 90 percent of the year. It rained all three days and was the worst beach vacation ever. But the hotel was fabulous, the best I've ever been in.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

4. Songbird

Suprema Pizza on 8th diagonal from MSG has great pizza.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Cancun is fine if you stick to the tourist areas. Wouldn't want to be wandering around there at night.
    Have visited Houston, and it did indeed suck. Just a sprawling place where it takes forever to get anywhere. And there's not a lot of places to go to begin with.
    Not a big fan of Atlanta either. The embodiment of the Dirty South. Lots to do, but it just seems so grungy, and man is it hot in Georgia. It's a different heat than in sunny F-L-A.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Nassau, Bahamas. Way overpriced and very, very sketchy and not only at night.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. Songbird

Wait, Nassau is where you take your neighbor after a romp in the hay. Or so they say.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

My favorite part of California are the Channel Islands. Millions of people live in SoCal and hardly know they are out there.

9. Vombatus

And everything is within 15 minutes of Tahoe.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Was going to mention this one too. Worth going to Caribbean at least once, but there are certainly better choices.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of my best vacations included a couple of days driving around central Kansas about 15 years ago. There is an absolute shit-ton of oddball stuff in that state. In the span of a few hours I visited the world's second-largest ball of twine, the geographic center of the Continental U.S., a barbed-wire museum and a hill that seemingly overlooked it all and would be one of my ash-scattering spots if I'm ever cremated.
    I didn't get to go to the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson, which has turned into a bit of a regret since I haven't been back up there since. That place looks like it could burn at least a day, maybe even a whole vacation, by itself.
    If you're into the weird roadside attractions, Kansas is your dream spot.

12. Vombatus

Juarez. Don't.

It's become the murder capital of the world with all the crazy drug cartel crap. Brainwashing kids to kill because they don't know any better. Police killed, families killed. Insane.

Went there twice right after 9/11. Was better than Tijuana, but now it is not. Avoid at all costs. Only thing worse would probably be parading yourself in ISIS controlled territory.

Draft saved Draft deleted