1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Transformers"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Oct 17, 2007.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Watched it for the the first time last night. I thought the action and effects were really cool. Maybe I'm just getting old, but if there was ever a (non-Skinemax) movie made specifically for 13-year-old boys, this is the benchmark. I know it's a cool voice and all, but Optimus Prime seemed like he was channeling William Shatner.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The overgrown child in me agrees with you. I really liked the movie, but it's not exactly meant for deep thinking.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I watched "Gone with the Wind" a couple weeks ago and thought it was ok...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was colossally bored by Transformers... The effects were great, but the plot was horrendous and Shia LaBeouf was insanely annoying...

5. Did people honestly go to Transformers--a movie centering around giant robots beating the piss out of each other--and expect some tremendous, intricate plot or phenomenal character acting?

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The fact that it's a Michael Bay movie should tell you something about it going in...

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Fun film...nothing wrong with that.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Loved it. Bought it the day it came out. Makes me feel like a kid again. Will watch it several times this weekend. If you don't over think this one, you can have fun watching it.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I was a fan of the cartoon.

The flick gave me a headache. I blame no one but myself, since I shelled out to see a Michael Bay movie.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. I enjoyed it the first time through and I'm looking forward to watching it again when it makes it to HBO. Just turn off the deep thoughts and enjoy the giant robots, the hot girl and lots of shit blowing up.

hb, I was a fan of the cartoon, too. I thought they captured just enough of it to get by and the rest was just carnage.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I rented it, thought it was OK. Good effects, but couldn't they have found a guy who was as hot as Megan Fox or whatever or name is. I mean Zac Efron's (sp) the right age. geesh :D

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I have no problem with mindless popcorn movies or even most Michael Bay movies (I thought "The Island" was underrated). I'm all for checking my mind at the door, throwing my hands up in the air and just giving in to the fun. It just really hard this time around.

However, Megan Fox was very easy on the eyes. Yowsa ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted