1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mb, Jun 24, 2009.

1. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Devastator looked like ass to me. And soundwave was a fuckin joke.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah, Soundwave was a total waste IMO. One of the most badass Decepticons and most loyal follower to Megatron was basically a nod to the fanboys with a cameo. Useless, totally fucking useless. Bay didn't even use the vocoder to give him the vintage voice from the show.

So many little things Bay could have done to give the movie some more points in what seems a lot of our books.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had no problem with how they used Soundwave or Ravage, though the more I think about this movie, the more problems I see. Then again, this really isn't a movie you are supposed to invest much thought into.

4. Madhavok

Oh, agreed. Ravage was perfect. Probably the character with most roots to its G1 self. But Soundwave, man, just wish he was in robot mode and helped revive Megs.

5. outofplace

Perhaps, but I thought the way they used him made the most sense.

6. Madhavok

Yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong. His role made the most sense when compared to what he was in the comics/cartoon. Hopefully the third we'll see more of him, then again, he's going to be huge in robot mode if we actually get to see it.

7. outofplace

Yeah, he would be huge. I actually liked the voice, though perhaps that is just nostalgia since they got Frank Welker to do it. He was the voice of Megatron and Soundwave in the old cartoon.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Just got back from taking my 11-year-old.

Second verse, same as the first. Blah.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Madhavok

Would have preferred the shoes to be dunks, but they're still alright.

Draft saved Draft deleted