1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mb, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Well. The first hour was fun. Apparently there were two sets of Constructicons? One to form Devestator and the others to hunt down Sam?

I would have loved to hear, 'Prepare for extermination' from Devestator, but, oh well.

Big fan of the improved dialogue between Megatron and Starscream.

I heard the rumor of Bay brining in some aspects of the Pretender series, but I really didn't think he would. But, Ms. Lucas is awfully, awfully nice too look at.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Ms. Fox you mean, yes?

3. Madhavok

No, Isabelle Lucas. Megan Fox is stupidly gorgeous, but there was just something about Ms. Lucas in this film. Good Job, Bay.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

Hmm ... can't see it, Madhavok. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Fox is number one, everyone else is playing for second place.

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Nice wrap-up on all the racism stuff from /Film: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/25/no-one-wants-to-own-up-to-racism-in-transformers/

Makes it more clear that Bay was more or less behind it.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm curious to actually see it, but it sounds like the parts with the human characters are more offensive than Skids and Mudflap.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

The only reason I would say they're more offensive is because they're humans, so it's blatantly obvious what's going on. If they're robots, they can't be offensive!

9. Madhavok

So, in the first Optimus sends out a signal to his fellow Autobots about where they are and he would like for them to come kick it on Earth. And who shows up? A sorry excuse of Autobots, that's who !
    Sideswipe Awesome. He was just plain badass. But why did he vanish during the huge battle?
    Twins: *sigh* They weren't as bad as I thought they would be. But since they didn't get kick the bucket like I was hoping they would, why couldn't Bay used oh I dunno, some better and well established G1 characters like Prowl or Wheeljack?
    Arcee: She had what like two lines and got easily destroyed in the huge battle. It still wasn't clear if the tree bikes made up her, or all three were separate.
    Jolt: We see him in the background, I think twice.

LOVED the banter between Starscream and Megatron. Apparently, and this is my biggest gripe, Megatron is the efffing badass overload of the Decepticons that I knew growing up. He answers to The Fallen? That's not exactly how it went in the comics.

Soundwave: what a waste. We could have at least heard him say, "Ravage, eject!"

/tformerfanboiiii

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Not exactly a downer if you're coming in second in that race.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ebert hasn't quite outdone himself on this one, but he's close.

As long as the scenes involved the robot characters or the soldiers, the movie was fine. Once civilian humans became involved things came undone.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

True, I will take the consolation prize.

I hope the parting gifts are nice also.

Draft saved Draft deleted