1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mb, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mb

mb Active Member

makes me want to have Michael Bay's baby.

/Only two extra scenes during the credits. You don't need to stay to the very end.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Since the first one broke some sort of Talmudic ground in plot development, I'll imagine the discussions groups at the leading universities of the world on the sequel will raise human intelligence by mere osmosis as they ponder the multi-layered intricacies of the Michael Bay plot.

They might have to invent a new language just to sort through the Babelian twists and turns.

Either that or they'll just drool over whatherface's (Megan Fox) body.

(Sorry mb, I just really hated the Transformers movie when I caught it on HBO.)

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've heard pretty bad things about this one thus far but I'll be headed out Sunday to see it. I don't expect much so it won't be hard for me to be pleasantly surprised.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not necessarily pointing this at you, Schz, because you're not the only one, but I don't understand that line of thinking.

Unless you have a significant other that wants to see it, if you don't expect much, why see it? I've never understood why people would pay to see something they were tepid about seeing.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/

James Rocchi basically torn the movie apart. I usually take what most movie critics say with a grain of salt, but I thought I'd post this.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I haven't heard good things. Usually that means I'll love it. I'm seeing it.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I usually hate whatever happens under Michael Bay's direction.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's got nothing on Ebert ...

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Read that one, too. I'll still see it, but not optimistic about the reviews. I didn't realize that the move was two and a half hours long, either. Damn...

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

God, Ebert can review the hell out of a movie.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting much from it as a movie but I know the explosions are going to be awesome and there's just nothing like seeing this kind of popcorn flick in a crowded theater. So, while I may not enjoy the film itself, I'm sure it'll be worth my time.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Blown away by the James Rocchi reference. We went to university together. Didn't realize he'd become such a success. Very happy for him, he's a hell of a guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted