1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Dumb, but entertaining (possible mild spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenthumb, Jun 29, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Okay, someone better fess up! Which one of you is (or how many of you are) involved in this!?

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

If the two main characters are in the 11TH grade, I want to know what the hell kids are eating these days. Oh, and I saw a girl that hot once.....at Scores.

The action was phenominal. I think they could've done without the whole CIA/secret agent/whatever the hell he was guy. He was a prick and if I was Sam, I would've hit him in that big f***in nose of his. Waiting for the sequel.

3. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

I saw it with a friend and you know how you always mention the thing that jumped out at you the most when you first walk out? We both had the same first reaction: Megan Fox is hot.

The rest of the movie is somewhere between good and ok. I saw that rottentomatoes had it at 58 percent, and that's about right, although people who grew up with Transformers are going to obviously like it more.

I liked the action sequences, but at times you couldn't tell what was going on or who was who.
    I liked the humor, and some of the jokes stuck with me.
    I didn't like the sappy dialogue near the end, [slight spolier ... when Jazz died the reaction was something like, "Yes, we lost an ally, but we gained more allies in our fight." Come on... ], but that didn't influence my opinion of the movie too much.
    Sometimes the Michael Bay logic just didn't work [spoiler .... we have to hide, so let's go in the middle of a big city and get a ton of people killed.]

Overall, I liked it, but there have been other movies I liked more this summer.

Oh, and Megan Fox is REALLY hot.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

This was my favorite movie of th esummer. Sure, i had the toys, but this easily beat Spiderman and Pirates, but it's probably a push between this and Die Hard.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Thank you, Pern.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If you are a guy and are of the age that you actually played with Transformers, there is nothing not to like about this movie.

The action was awesome, the women (even the analyst) were hot, the names (megatron, optimus prime, barricade) were all there, the comedy was actually funny. So what if it doesnt win an Oscar. That isn't what Michael Bay does. He makes guy flicks, and thank god because there are enough chick flicks to balance it out. I applauded at the end of this movie. Even my girlfriend, who, admittedly, is more of a guy's girl, loved this movie.

Once I got over the translation of the transformers to modern vehicles and ignored the blatant GM ads, the movie rocked my face off.

8. Saw this movie today and it was certainly worth the price of the ticket.
    Great action, WAY hot girl (plus the analyst was hot too), some funny parts.
    It is a summer blockbuster, and it was exactly what I expected.
    I enjoyed it.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Saw it again today. It remains awesome.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

For the record, decided not to wear the diaper to the movie. That was a mistake.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That's bad ass.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

When I was 10 years old, my dad took me to the local K-Bee Toys for my birthday. He told me I could have $50 for anything in the store.

I bought $50 in Transformers. I loved the toys and I loved this movie.

As a self-professed film snob, there are just sometimes you have to put aside your critical nature and enjoy the hell out of a movie, especially when it embodies everything you loved at 10 years old.

And instead of $50 it took only $7.50 and two and a half hours of my time. Small change to rekindle warm memories and share with my wife heroes from my childhood.

Draft saved Draft deleted