1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transformers: Dumb, but entertaining (possible mild spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenthumb, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Well, DareDevil was okay.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That was the single greatest line ever.

I'm not going to say Michael Bay is a bad filmmaker, but I was rooting for the Japanese in "Pearl Harbor."

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah...the superhuman ninja shit got old. Still, I did collect until the end. Man, most of the stuff by then was crap.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Daredevil was crap. Just wanted to not let that go.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good point....the flaming DD logo in particular was a sign of bad things...the one thing worse being the Punisher logo in the parking lot at the end of that steaming pile of crap. I never saw Elektra...but even that couldn't have been as bad as The Punisher.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

HA. Sadly I've seen every recent comic book made to Film movie...including DD and Elektra.

I'm soooo pumped for Transformers. I've been reading the transformers forum on superherohype.com now for the last year, along with tw2005.com and the only thing I haven't spoiled myself with is the script but with all of the TV spots and such, I have a jist of what's going to happen.
    Things that I wasn't cool with but basically over:
    BB being a Camaro. Why not a Cobalt or G6? He better not be kicking decepticon ass. He's the fucking rut of the autobots! Leave that to Jazz and Ironhide for crying out loud!
    Jazz being the smallest. The Solstice is fine..Would have preferred a Porsche but it's good.
    No trailer for Optimus? From all of the photos and spots., I have yet to see him pull a trailer.
    Starscream looking like a monkey with chicken legs.
    No Wheeljack or Prowl
    No Soundwave or Shockwave
    No Alt-mode for Megatron. He keeps his cybertronian mode for some reason.
    No Frank Welker as the voice of Megatron.
    The All-spark is basically Vector Sigma...?
    BB doesn't even talk!

OK..that's a bit more than I had originally thought. But I'll still have fun...hopefully.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Just got back from the first showing here in town.

Fucking Awesome. Go see it.

/admitted Transformers mark

8. Also just saw and co-sign on the awesome.

Also an admitted transformers fan boy, but it wildly exceeded my expectations for a Michael Bay flick.

9. Cracker

Cracker Guest

One of my boys just saw it, and said he loved it and planned on seeing it again.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I saw it last night at the first showing in Tulsa. Loved it. Again, also a Transformers mark. But my wife kinda liked it too and she thought she'd hate it. The crowd had her cracking up too since they cheered whenever a new Autobot was shown.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just saw it...

It's quite possibly one of the idiotic films I've ever seen... Shia LeBeouf (sp?) is so annoying you want to beat him to death. He's supposed to be 16 or 17 and all of the high schoolers look like they're pushing 30. Megan Fox is incredibly hot, but looks 25 while she's supposed to be a HS junior...

The effects are incredible. The military scenes are the best part of the movie. Josh Duhamel and Tyrese are very good as military guys who first encounter the transformers in Qatar.

All of the other sequences are a joke. John Turturro is embarrassingly bad. Anthony Anderson is supposed to be a hacker? Please...

It's also almost 2 1/2 hours long. I was checking my watch after about 25 minutes. I was bored off my ass...

The product placement in this movie was more distracting and annoying than anything I've ever seen, and that includes all of the FedEx and Wilson productes in Castaway. I'm guessing that the money they got from eBay, Mountain Dew, GM etc had to finance this piece of shit...

I was excited to see it, but it flat out sucked...

12. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I saw this last night, and it was fantastic. Exceeded my expectations.

Draft saved Draft deleted